1. This week was the end of One Tree Hill. I’ve probably never followed a series as close as I have this one … ever. Well maybe Criminal Minds but watching the end of One Tree Hill was good. I was happy with the way they tied every thing up…also I was introduced to this song by Gavin DeGraw, which I’ll admit I wasn’t a huge fan of before. I like this new cd of his though.
2. I was introduced to this band Fun. by one of my favorite writers Shauna Niequist. I have been listening to them quite a bit this week and I am quickly becoming a fan. Not my usual type of music but I can’t stop listening.
3. I have had a very up and down week. For various reasons I found myself experiencing multiple emotions at the same time. It has its good and bad because it’s good to grow and learn but I hate the pain. But in the end I know it’s worth it. I know that God wants to create a wonderful life if I just let Him.
4. I also found in the past two months to catch up with some people from my past. It has been a very rewarding thing and I’m so appreciative of it.
To Ashley M. in the past we’ve known each other because of Casey but it’s been really good to see you and talk to you, quite a bit over this past month. Casey is lucky to have you in her life!
I also caught up with my former youth pastor Chris. I was reading his blog and came across this post. God looks good on you. I can honestly say it touched me so much. It had the wheels in my brain going a mile a minute and something clicked. All this time I’ve been focusing on the bad in me. What I need to change and I get so overwhelmed. What I should be focusing on is living in the same manner at Jesus did. To have a grace and love filled spirit. To show people through my actions. I think it is the greatest compliment to have someone say that God looks good on you. And it was good to have a new mindset for a change.
5. My goal for this weekend is to work on 501 project. I have 16 books to do a bibliography for…which does not sounds fun at all and it’s not but it’s got to get done.
6. Also, this week I realized I believe in Love more than ever. It’s a constant theme in my life. I had a pretty in-depth conversation with a friend about everything going on in my life and how I am finally just letting some things happen and not trying to control them.
7. Since the GRE is over I’ve been very much wasting some time, which is not good, on pinterest and finding the most exciting things to cook/bake! Like this, oh this, and this. The last one will be cupcakes for my friends birthday…this is always my birthday treat to her but this year they will be from scratch!
8. This week is my mother’s birthday, Tuesday to be exact, I got her a pretty sweet card I might say.
9. And I’m not really sure how I haven’t written about this yet BUT my wildcats, yes those Kentucky Wildcats are National Champions! It was probably one of the best nights of my life. I cried. I was happy. I was so proud of those boys. I can’t imagine how they feel. To have accomplished so much with a lot of people rooting against you because you are the favorite. AND to go through 3 teams they had already played this year was pretty fantastic. Now I’m just sad because there is no UK football or basketball to keep up with…and I live in Indiana (for 27 more days) so no horse racing…what to do with myself.
10. Well I don’t really have a 10th thing. So just have a wonderful weekend! Happy Easter to everyone!